‘Best Of The Best’ Android Apps Reviewed in New ABA Book
From the more than 800,000 apps currently available for Android devices, a new book from the American Bar Association Law Practice Management Section, Android Apps in One Hour for Lawyers, highlights the “best of the best” that will allow readers to practice law from their mobile devices.
Lawyers are already using Android devices to make phone calls, check email and send text messages. After the addition of several key apps, these smartphones or tablets can also help run a law practice. In just one hour, this book will describe how to buy, install and update Android apps, and help lawyers:
- Store documents and files in the cloud;
- Use security apps to safeguard client data on your phone;
- Be organized and productive with apps for to-do lists, calendar and contacts;
- Communicate effectively with calling, text and email apps;
- Create, edit and organize documents;
- Learn on the go with news, reading and reference apps;
- Download utilities to keep devices running smoothly;
- Hit the road with apps for travel; and
- Have fun with games and social media apps.
Android Apps in One Hour for Lawyers is written by Daniel J. Siegel, the founder of Integrated Technology Services, LLC, a consulting service based in Havertown, Pa., and the principal of the Law Offices of Daniel J. Siegel, LLC, with offices in Havertown and in Maine.
The ABA Law Practice Management Section is a professional membership organization providing resources for lawyers and other legal professionals in the core areas of the business of practicing law — marketing, management, technology, and finance — through its award-winning magazine, webzines, educational CLE programs, website and publishing division. For more than 30 years, LPM has established itself as a leader within the legal profession by producing ABA TECHSHOW, the world’s premier legal technology conference and expo, and through its publishing arm, which has more than 90 titles in print.