Veterans Legal Resources
Veterans face a wide array of legal issues created by their unique circumstances. These ABA resources are designed to provide attorneys and veterans with assistance related to challenges in obtaining medical care, disability benefits, reemployment rights, consumer, housing, criminal and family law matters, and in obtaining legal counsel.
Projects that serve veterans
- Project Salute: Young Lawyers Serving Veterans
- Military Pro Bono Project success stories
- Military Pro Bono Project: New cases seeking pro bono help
- Operation Stand-By: advise military attorneys on state-specific legislation (a joint project of Standing Committee on Legal Assistance for Military Personnel and Section of Litigation)
ABA entities that govern projects and policy
- Standing Committee on Legal Assistance for Military Personnel
- The Section of State and Local Government Law has a liaison to this committee.
- Standing Committee on Armed Forces Law
Several ABA entities have liaisons to this committee:
More resources for lawyers