Celebrate Pro Bono Week – Resource Page
Building on the extraordinary success of the annual National Pro Bono Celebrations in 2009 and 2010 , the ABA Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service is sponsoring the Celebration again this year October 23 through 29, 2011.
Links to news coverage and background materials on the event can be found below. Please bookmark this page and check back for additional resources.
- Celebrate Pro Bono main website
- ABA President Robinson’s Statement on Celebrate Pro Bono
- News Release on the 2011 Celebrate Pro Bono Week
- Videos featuring prominent attorneys: “What Pro Bono Means to Me”
- For The Public Good: Pro Bono Works. IllinoisProBono.org
- 2011 Pro Bono Week: Become a Superhero. Texas RioGrande Legal Aid Video
- Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Why Do Pro Bono?
- Why Do Pro Bono? Personal Stories from Hon. Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Theodore Sorensen
- Chief Justice John Roberts: Why Do Pro Bono?
- Former ABA President Mike Greco: The Case For Pro Bono
- ABA Pro Bono Story: Jonathan Asher, Executive Director,Colorado Legal Services
- ABA Pro Bono Story: Jean Faria, State Public Defender, Louisiana
- ABA Pro Bono Story: Honorable Lora Livingston, Chair,Commission on IOLTA
- ABA Pro Bono Publico Award
- Photos from various Celebrate Pro Bono events
- Celebrate Pro Bono page on Facebook
- ABA Journal’s monthly feature “Lawyers Giving Back”