ABA TECHSHOW Marks 25th Anniversary Next Month
Now in its 25th year, ABA TECHSHOW is bringing the best of the best in technology-related law practice management tools and technology to the Hilton Chicago for three days, April 11 – 13. Leading experts and manufacturers of these technologies will be on-hand in the TECHSHOW exhibition hall. Additionally, there are more than 50 programs on legal technologies, addressing topics such as e-discovery, mind mapping, the “paperless office” and social networking.
Hosted by the American Bar Association Law Practice Management Section, ABA TECHSHOW is the most comprehensive legal and business technology conference and exposition of its kind. And this year, for its silver jubilee celebration, the event is expected to attract more than 1,500 attendees.
ABA TECHSHOW is beneficial to lawyers and other legal professionals in the core areas of law practice management, including marketing, management, technology and finance.
Professor Larry Lessig, founder of Stanford Law School’s Center for Internet and Society, will provide the keynote address at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, April 11. Lessig is a professor of law at Harvard Law School, founding board member of Creative Commons, a nonprofit organization that develops, supports, and stewards legal and technical infrastructure that maximizes digital creativity, sharing and innovation.. Lessig is the author of several written works, including “Code: And Other Laws of Cyberspace, Version 2.0,” “Free Culture: How Big Media Uses Technology and the Law to Lock Down Creativity” and “Voice-Over-IP’s Unlikely Here.”
Notable programs include:
Monday, April 11
- Social Networking/Marketing: “Web Site 101: Build and Rebuild,” 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Solo/Small Firm: “Expanding Your Practice with an Online Office,” 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Social Networking/Marketing: “Litigators’ Toolbox: Social Media,” 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Solo/Small Firm – The Basics: “Google Tools and Apps for Lawyers,” 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Large Firm/Corporate Counsel: “Taking Your Practice Into the Cloud,” 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 12
- Collaboration: “Developing Documents Using Collaboration Tools,” 8 – 9 a.m.
- Cloud Computing: “Popular Cloud Services for Lawyers,” 10 – 11 a.m.
- Cloud Computing: “The Google-Powered Law Office,” 3:15 – 4:15 p.m.
- Collaboration: “Mind Mapping,” 3:15 – 4:15 p.m.
- Advanced IT: “Virtualization,” 3:15 – 4:15 p.m.
- “60 Tips in 60 Minutes,” 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 13
- Emerging Technology: “The Open Source Powered Law Firm,” 9:45 – 10:45 a.m.
- Smart Phone/Mobility I: “60 iPhone and iPad Apps in 60 minutes,” 9:45 – 10:45 a.m.
- Smart Phone/Mobility II: “BlackBerry Love,” 9:45 – 10:45 a.m.
- Power User: “Supercharge Your Browser: Add-ons, Extensions and Tweaks,” 9:45 – 10:45 a.m.
More information about ABA TECHSHOW, including session descriptions and speaker bios, can be found online at www.techshow.com.
The ABA Law Practice Management Section was established in 1974 as a section of the ABA to provide resources for lawyers and other legal professionals in the core areas of the business of practicing law — marketing, management, technology and finance — through its award-winning magazine, Law Practice , monthly webzine Law Practice Today, educational CLE programs, website and publishing division, which has more than 80 titles in print. LPM has established itself as a leader within the legal profession and is responsible for producing ABA TECHSHOW.