The American Bar Association announced today its selections for the 2013 Silver Gavel Awards for Media and the Arts, which recognize outstanding work that fosters the American public’s understanding of law and the legal system. This is the ABA’s highest honor in recognition of this purpose, and no more than one Silver Gavel is presented in each category.
More Top Stories
- National Task Force on Stand Your Ground Laws hears from Chicagoland activists and lawyers who fear proliferation of self-defense laws May 13, 2013
- ‘Rock star’ litigators share how they have made a difference through pro bono May 10, 2013
- 5 Women Lawyers to be Honored with 2013 Margaret Brent Awards May 7, 2013
- Panelists Discuss Constitutional Equality for Women at ABA Law Day Program May 3, 2013
Lawyers who practice elder law face a challenging question that many other lawyers don’t always have to ask and answer: Who is the client? “Depending on the circumstances of how the client comes to you, it may be a bit confusing,” said Colorado Springs lawyer Michael A. Kirtland at the teleconference “An Introduction to Elder Law.”
“Voices for Victims: Lawyers Against Human Trafficking,” a video produced for the American Bar Association Task Force on Human Trafficking in partnership with the ABA Communications and Media Relations Division has won a Bronze Telly Award — a runner-up to first place.
A recent American Bar Association continuing legal education program explored several intellectual property topics through the lens of superheroes and comic books.
Same-sex couples who marry or join in civil unions face unique challenges to determine whether their partner qualifies as a beneficiary of their trusts, and attorneys must often navigate complex or unclear laws to guide their clients appropriately.
- Law Practice Management Spring Meeting to focus on new concepts in the field
May 17, 2013
- ABA President Bellows urges Florida Gov. Scott to veto H.B. 7083, the Timely Justice Act
May 16, 2013
- Antitrust in the Americas II in Brazil to discuss competition law and policy
May 16, 2013
- Penn State Law School Campuses to Function as Separate Schools
University News Herald
- Don’t delay your health care planning
- Free Press wins national American Bar Association Silver Gavel Award
Detroit Free Press
- Op-ed: Grotesque Speed for Florida Capital Cases
The New York Times
- Asylum and the Bipartisan Senate Immigration Bill
Human Rights First
- 21st TSC German attorney wins Bar Association award
Defense Video & Imagery Distribution System